HammRadio Today: 6/2/2009 --
Pearl Jam Rocks Conan
6/2/2009 9:46 PM
Byline: Mike Cunningham
When I re-imagine my life as the talk show host that I wanted to be, Among other things, my career should have been at the point where I was ready to take over for the Tonight show or perhaps the Late Show. Okay, maybe not.
Pearl Jam rocks out on Conan. When I re-imagine my life as the talk show host that I wanted to be, Among other things, my career should have been at the point where I was ready to take over for the tonight show or perhaps the Late Show. Maybe it's not too late for me. Maybe Letterman is ready to retire? Maybe I can work towards that new goal? I mean. There's no way they'd hand over the reins to Craig Ferguson?? Right? Right?
Speaking of Letterman, what will the new landscape mean for him and his show? Letterman vs. Mini-Letterman What is Letterman going to do with this new competition? We already know that he does a better Jay Leno impression than Conan.
HammLinks: Around The Web Today
- The Bulletin closes
- One of my buddies the other day asked me about the "new" bulletin and weather it was still around. Just Memorial Day weekend. It was an omen I guess. And I guess no longer have to be at war with the Bulletin.
- Once again the government frowning on teamwork
- People think that gay marriage would destroy the institution of marriage. It's these actions that are the REAL causes of destruction of the marriages of middle america.
- Rejecting the Sotomayor selection
- "I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experience would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life," Sotomayor said. Look as a pretty liberal guy and avid supporter of President Barack Obama, I normally would be all for a Latina as Supreme Court Justice. It's a perspective on the court that has never been tried. But seriously, this kind of comment would only enrage the opposition. And white male supporters like myself, have to turn our backs on her. Sorry. I'm out. That was racist and wrong.
- Break down the Walls of Social Media
- Good article on how facebook, twitter, etc can fail. Here's an article on how twitter may change the way we think. 140 characters at a time.
- What the heck is AutoTune
- You've heard what it is. Now you know what it's called. Do you think we get this built into RockBand? I WILL PURCHASE the Beatles Rock Band. Mark My Words!
- JD Sues a guy for writing a sequel to Catcher in the Rye
- Listen JD, if you would have continued to write books, we wouldn't have Aholes like this guy trying to write sequels. I once tried to write a sequel, called What's on Second: Second baseman in the Rye.
- I enjoyed this story about a homemade hovercraft
- I mean come on! A home made Hover Craft!!!
- HammRadio.com's suggested On-Line listening Stations
- Pows of the Day:
*** POW OF THE DAY ***