HammRadio Today: 6/21/2010 --
Treasure Discovered In the Margins
6/21/2010 6:31 PM
Byline: Mike Cunningham
What kind of treasures can be found in old books? But in the future, will we have exhibits like this? Or will it be in digital form?
Interesting article on the "marginalia" of famous author's personal library collections. What does Mark Twain think of a novel? Did Jack Kerouac get his most famous work's title from Thoreau? In the digital age, what will library and museum exhibits become? Will it be video displays and computer terminals of scanned documents, archived twitter postings, and poster sized quotations in binary? What will become of the marginalia of the young poet or author fiddling with his Kindle?
I'm a pack rat. I hate throwing things out. I'm a hoarder-in-potential. Much of my archive, of which I long to catalog and digitize, before embarking on a great scrapbooking project is filled with "nonsense", I suppose. This unfinished vanity project (among many unfinished vanity projects) would be only entertaining to me. Or perhaps some future descendent. Or perhaps some sort of weird future anthropologist who randomly discovered the works of a brilliant, funny, unnoticed blogger/podcaster/idiot. And if you are reading this, "Hello to the future. Welcome to the past. Speak about me kindly."
HammLinks: Around The Web Today
- Blog posting is hard. Twitter is easy.
- I don't like flying.
- This is NOT the reason, however, This story ain't helping. A women is basically held hostage by Stand By flights.
- Getting the band back together
- Bruce Springsteen is defined by his band whose lineup has been fairly unchanged. John Mellencamp doesn't change band members very often. But the band with which he had his greatest success, haven't been together since he was named John Cougar Mellencamp. They however, may be getting back together. Hmmmm.
- TimeWaster of the Day
- Asteroids in HTML5!!!
- You the DJ Or is it the Machine?
- When Morrissey sang in "Panic" I'm not sure he was thinking about Pandora:
Burn down the disco
Hang the blessed DJ
Because the music that they constantly play
IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFE
Hang the blessed DJ
Because the music they constantly play
- Wonder what Manute Bol's nickname was:
- I don't think Phil Jasner meant the "Dinka Dunker"
- HammRadio.com's suggested On-Line listening Stations
- Pows of the Day:
Oscar Wilde "Company of Thieves" -- Sirius XM "Alt Nation" *** POW OF THE DAY ***