HammRadio Today: 6/1/2009 --
My Opinions Are Facts
6/1/2009 7:01 PM
Byline: Mike Cunningham
You might think the following are opinions. And that they can't be factual. But you would be wrong. Is Die Hard the Best Action Movie? And more.
You might think the following are opinions. And that they can't be factual. But you would be wrong. A buddy of mine said I'm condescending and arrogant. I'm neither. But HammRadio.com has been Condescending and Arrogant since 1998!
These are facts And they are undisputed:
Die Hard greatest action movie in history: True or False.
Answer: True. There have been many great action movies some of which slide into science fiction territory: Terminator, Predator come to mind. And while the Governator might be the World's greatest action star. The Greatest Action Movie of all time is Die Hard. Everyman hero. Uber Bad Guy. Humor. Explosions. The Guy From Family Matters. And 80s Hall of Fame Villain: Paul Gleason (Breakfast Club, Trading Places, Morgan Stewart's Coming Home), Tall Blonde German Terrorists played by Russian Ballet Dancers. (I did not know that Alexander Godunov died!?! in 1995!). It had everything.
Oasis is the greatest band that ever lived: True or False
Answer: False. Whille they are a good band and have put out decent albums after "What's the Story Morning Glory" and the other one everyone seems to have. They are certainly not the best. No matter what Mr. Michael Shersby has to say. "But is not Oasis the greatest British band since the Beatles? Can we not vote on this?! " I'm not sure if Shersby flooded the voting here. But on this list of the top 100 British songs of all time. The top 3 are Oasis songs. Really? REALLY? Comeon. Really? This is like when Belle and Sebastian was the top Scottish band ever. As I write this BIG COUNTRY is playing on my iPod. That is the answer to that question!
The greatest villain in the history of film is Alan Rickman in Die Hard: True or False.
Answer False. I know alot of you are thinking the correct answer is Adolf Hitler in Schindler's List. But he never shows up in that one. The real answer is Darth Vader. Not from Star Wars, where he was evil for sure, but he seemed to be led around by Governor Tarkin. No, it's in Empire Strikes Back where his desire to seek out his son and turn him over to the Emperor to try and turn him to the dark side. That guy. That guy was the most villianous in all movies. Honorable Mention: Lee J. Cobb in On the Waterfront.
These are the facts. And they are Undisputed.
Today's IM Exchange
[16:31] HammRadio: [Michael Moore says] "The fact that the technology already exists for us to go from New York to L.A. in 17 hours by train, and that we haven't used it, is criminal"
[16:32] HammRadio: if only the government didn't fuck with Henry Taggart
[16:33] Kyle: http://willyloman.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/nafta-map-big1.jpg
[16:33] Kyle: HEY EVERYBODY - THIS GUY'S A COMMIE!!!
HammLinks: Around The Web Today
- Who's Handling the Auto Industry Crisis??
- The guy described like this: ?he?s got this beard that appears and disappears?. Great. Just Just like Spencer Pratt from The Hills.
- Twitter Fail: Sometimes twitter feeds of classic onion articles needs an editor
- Just a day after an abortion doctor was killed in Church yesterday, The Onion re-posted this classic story about "Jesus" killing abortion doctors.
- the kids of the car jacking hoax mom: Speak Out
- We race to judge these days. HammRadio.com is NO different. But lately, i'm not sure why, I hesitate when there are children involved. Unless it's Kate Gosselin. These poor kids shuttled in front of the television to talk about an ordeal, that might not be an ordeal to them. The guilt or innocence aside of this mother. It's kinda obvious these kids don't understand what was happening to their mother. I'm not sure why the father put them on television. As he is still shaken by the news. It's interesting to note that the ex-husband seems to harbor no anger or resentment over the issue and feels sorry for his ex-wife. It's a strange reaction. Perhaps it's for the benefit of the kids. not sure. Still this creeped me out.
- Speaking of too much too soon:
- Susan Boyle is hospitalized after losing Britain's Got Talent. Ellen Gray from the Philly Daily News addresses the need for Reality TV Privacy.
- HammRadio.com's suggested On-Line listening Stations
- Pows of the Day:
Big Country "In a Big Country" iPod *** POW OF THE DAY ***