HammRadio Today: 09/11/2006 --
Making Black Holes In The BackYard
9/11/2006 10:47 PM
Byline: Mike Cunningham
Timmy, what is your science project about? Black Holes, Mrs. Wiliiams. Okay, so what is the project? Well, I'm going to drop a bowling ball on a sheet and see if I can suck the 8th grade girls soccer team into a pit. Okay, Timmy... get started.
This blurb from Slashdot talks about how scientists are trying to create virtual mini-black holes. I don't know about you, but this kind of... well... seems a little dangerous. Based on my limited knowledge of Black Holes, mostly gained from The Physics of Star Trek , Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time and my ex-girlfriend's heart, a Black Hole is formed from an object who's gravitational pull is SO great that light cannot escape from it. Although, I imagine Jack Bauer could escape from it.
But making your own Black Holes?I'm pretty sure this is a bad idea. Considering that much of science involves trial and error. Let's just say, I don't want to be sucked into a vortex so that the Giant Spider that is living in my backyard can get more power or because Simon stayed up too late photoshopping underwear onto Lindsay Lohan's oops shots.
HammLinks: Around The Web Today
- Howard and Schmidt
- Michael Jack says GLOWING things about Ryan Howard. Would you expect any different? Okay, go ahead and boo Schmidty get it out of the way. Feel better now? He only brought us our only World Series.
- "Path to 9/11" movie edited
- Okay, so it's not a dramatization. But perhaps it gets a little crazy blaming Clinton for 9/11. Okay, it wasn't blaming Clinton at all... But seems suspiciously close to blaming him... I will have to say this... I watched 15 minutes of it... and it was well done. I couldn't stick through it, however... It was too emotional... I don't know if I'll be ever ready to re-visit that day.
- Newfoundland, New Found Friends
- Warm story about warm people in a cold area. A guy used to work for me from Newfoundland. Nice guy. Seems fitting that these people were this nice.
- Over the weekend, there was a Flash Mob at Geno's
- What's a Flash Mob? Well, basically you get a bunch of people with nothing better to do, to show up to a place and do something normal people wouldn't do. It's the same as going to a WNBA game. In this case, however, people are ordering cheesesteaks in multiple languages. I'm so sure this didn't bother anyone!
- HammRadio.com's suggested On-Line listening Stations
NOTICE: WOXY.COM is closing it's doors on Friday 9/15. On Woxy Vintage they are playing the Modern Rock 500, which is the 500 best Modern Rock songs of all time. Check out Vintage and the Regular before they shutter the doors. These other radio stations below will have to fill the bill. I will search for a couple of other stations for your online-listening pleasue as well.
- Pows of the Day:
Sugar "Helpless" Woxy.com Vintage
INXS "Don't Change" Woxy.com Vintage
Jesus Jones "Right Here, Right Now" Woxy.com Vintage
*** POW of the Day!