HammRadio Today: 08/24/2006
-- Web 2.0 Crashes My Browser
8/24/2006 5:09 PM
Byline: Mike Cunningham
Web 2.0 is great! And I have user accounts with youtube and flickr and friendster and myspace! But they have a long way to go... code wise!
What is Web 2.0 you ask? Well, basically it's any web-site that allows the USER to provide the content, with little if any code of their own. So from the days of GeoCities [HammRadio was on the tip of the iceberg with our VERY own GeoCities page!] where users not only had to provide content, but had to code it themselves. Web 2.0 comes along with tools that allow users to get to the point and post their content with little interaction. Just point and click and you have a blog or a photo album or your own dating service or interact with friends.
Unfortunately, with the ease of uploading and creating content comes the natural results. That 95% of the content will be crap.
But that's not as bad as the software that the Web 2.0 folks use! In particular I'm talking YouTube and MySpace. While YouTube has a great feature that allows you to upload any type of video and it is converted and displayed easily by their player. And the video quality just doesn't seem as good. Here's a comparison: My 4th and 26 video on YouTube and the original videos on HammRadio.com. Tell me which looks better?!
Of course, that's not the worst of it. The worst is the fact that watching multiple videos on YouTube will crash my browser. And that MySpace is consistently slow and OFTEN has errors. I would say that I get errors on myspace at least 3 or 4 times PER DAY!!! So while the web 2.0 phenomenon is a neat thing, in practice, it isn't quite perfect. Not sure if it ever will be.
HammLinks: Around The Web Today
- Wait... the Abreu Trade Helped BOTH teams???
- Despite the 11-2 loss to the Cubs today, the Phillies are 2.5 games back of Cincinnati. Now they head to New York to take on the Mets so losing 2 out of 3 is likely. An with Cincy in a tie for first in the NL Central, we not be chasing the Reds anymore by the Cardinals!
- World's Smartest Person contest
- I like to think that I'm the Smartest Person in the World. Unfortunately, these tests make my brain hurt. Can't you give me easy questions like which Sex and the City actress was on Seinfeld? I know that answer!
- Kevin Federline the Smartest Man in California???
- Maybe KFED should take the IQ contest?? I mean he did have the baddest ass math scores in all of California. This stuff writes itself doesn't it? I would love to blame the media for their continued destruction of KFED. But it is he, who does a fine job himself, after his terrible performance at the Teen Choice Awards, he raised the bar for unintentional comedy and put on the worst performance by a white rapper, since that little old lady sang Rapper's Delight in the Wedding Singer.
- Ann Coulter is a C&%T.
- Watch as Coulter gets the smack down on Hannity and Colmes, blame Clinton for 9/11 and call Bin Laden IRRELEVANT. I suppose if Osama is irrelevant, the War on Terror is over, right? Watch as Coulter FREAKS out like she's Veruca Salt not getting her way. "Bad Egg"
- HammRadio.com's suggested On-Line listening Stations
- Pows of the Day:
Lady Sovereign "Love Me or Hate Me" Woxy.Com -- Currently the HammRadio MySpace Profile song!
Elbow "Not a Job" Woxy.Com
Dinosaur Jr. "Feel the Pain" Woxy.Com