What's Going On? --
Phillies 1.5 games back, 3 More with the Nats
9/21/2007 10:57 AM
Byline: Mike Cunningham
There are 9 games left in the season. 9 more opportunities for the Phillies to gain 2 games on the Mets to finish in a tie for the NL East Division. Hard to believe right? Will the Phillies be playing baseball in October?
Will the Phillies play in October?
There are 9 games left in the season. 9 more opportunities for the Phillies to gain 2 games on the Mets to finish in a tie for the NL East Division. Hard to believe right? With the Phillies victory against the Nats, they have once again let the Mets know, that maybe they are the team to beat. Still 6 games are left to be played by the Nats (they took a 6-2 lead and the folks over at Beerleaguer were ready to jump off the Walt Whitman. Okay, not really. But there are quite a few folks over there a just a little negative.
|Standings as of 9/21/2007|
It's also hard to believe that the Phillies are in a better position to win the division than they are the Wild Card, but it's true. Although, if you look closer at the NL West division, the Padres are a half game out of the divison lead after winning 7 games in a row! So if the Diamondbacks, falter, the Phillies have a chance there, as they are just 3 games back of Arizona. Okay, okay, I know it all seems to amazing to be real and true. But it seems as though the Phillies are believers.
|Standings as of 9/21/2007|
When Jimmy Rollins hit the game winning hit, the sprinkling of Phillies fans in attendance changed M-V-P in his honor. Although that tag could easily be applied to Chase Utley and Ryan Howard who both had big nights last night. JROLL heard the chants: "I'd rather win than hear the M-V-P! chants." And folks, that's what an MVP says.
- Proof of Concept # 134 (32kbps)
- -- 13mb -- 64 min -- Phillies, Cramps, Dreams, Race
- Proof of Concept # 133 (32kbps)
- -- 16mb -- 68 min -- Phillies, PETA, Summer Tivo, Jumbo Squid
- Proof of Concept # 132 (32kbps)
- -- 17mb -- 70 min -- Wild and the Wacky, Alec Baldwin Father of the Year
- Proof of Concept # 131 (32kbps)
- -- 16mb -- 65 min -- Phillies Opening Day
- Proof of Concept # 130 (32kbps)
- -- 20mb -- 81 min -- NSFW: Steak and BJ day, Rant From the Road, Worst Cover Songs
- Proof of Concept # 129 (32kbps)
- -- 17mb -- 73 min -- Al Gore, UPS Rant, Lassie
- Proof of Concept # 128 (32kbps)
- -- 19mb -- 80 min -- Lent, WDRE Tribute, James Brown and Anna Nicole Burial Plans
- Proof of Concept # 126 (32kbps)
- -- 23mb -- 96 min -- Christmas Eve Holiday Special featuring Festivus, George Bailey and a sick Santa.
267-828-0112. Leave message after second beep.
ProofOfConcept at hammradio.com
Just Click The Arrow and Play! (NOTE: will play the MOST recent Podcast!)
Wanna Chat about anything you read here? To start chatting click here!.
-- Mike Cunningham, HammRadio.com