HammRadio Today: 07/25/2005
7/26/2005 2:43 AM
Byline: Mike Cunningham
So we took a week off from posting? We do that sometimes. We like to re-tool every once and a while.
HammLinks: Around the Web Today
So we took a week off from posting? We do that sometimes. We like to re-tool every once and a while. But at least the Podcasts will be back! At least the podcasts will be back!
- To Vet or Not To Vet That is the question
- Going after Judge Roberts is only going to go bad for the Democrats. In a case of barking up the wrong tree, Dems are going to try and find out whether Roberts supports Roe V. Wade or not. While that question may be important, there are MANY other questions that Roberts should answer. Because folks if we heat up this debate, for a "nice guy" on abortion, when Rehnquist retires, Bush and company are going to ramrod an Ultra Right Wing Conservative down our throats. My buddy Kyle of Lakeside-park.com said, "Bush will probably nominate Herman Goerring." So Dems back off!
Open Mic | Who takes over for Stern?
- I didn't know, Maureen Dowd's mother. But now, I feel like I do. And I think I might have some of her tupperware.
- Reading Between the Lines
- Okay, so people can't take a joke. I was telling my Dad anything is funny. And to be honest this is funny. This is NOT mocking a war veteran or a wounded veteran, first of all. But second of all, those guys who do get wounded in the name of our freedom, protect my RIGHTS to joke about whatever I please. So back the hell off. Anyway, did you catch the line that a law went in Friday to make it illegal for anyone to CLAIM they have a purple heart when they don't have one? Wonder how John Kerry will vote on this one?
- Getting a short story published
- I like check lists. I don't want to do all the research myself, so I like to see it, all in one spot.
- Blogging For Ideas
- Okay, our well has run dry. We can't come up with any more ideas. You got any for us?
- Video Blogging
- It's bad enough I have had to spend hundreds of dollars to start Podcasting. Now you want me to create VIDEO Blogs??? Ugh! What does this man have to do to get famous???
- Another reason why I never talk about my job
- I guess HammRadio.com is technically a blog. IF that's what you want to call it. So what it's not POWERED by Movable type or blogger. It's still a blog right? All the same, I never talk about my job selling Ice Cream for Mr. Softee. You never hear me complain about my job and the kids and that damn song that plays over and over. You want a Vanilla Chocolate Mix? Come on... have a goddamn Push-up. COME ON!!!
- I guess the Pope still hates the Jews?
- Okay, he doesn't , but Israel thinks he does. "Hey wait a minute, Pope, you didn't mention our terrorist attacks? We're victims too!" Look, do you know how many terrorist attacks around the globe that happen that barely get mentioned? Look, assume that the Pope condemns ALL terrorist acts, regardless of sect, race, country, religion, dna pattern whatever. Christ, get over yourself. Excuse me... MOSES, get over yourself.
- Good thing she's learning
- Um, wait, she's not. Hey Barberella, do you remember the reason why you haven't spoke out on any wars since 'Nam? It's because you sat on top of a VC gun that was killing Americans. There are Vets who want to SPIT at you and worse. Jane come to your senses and do the Graduate and get naked!
- A$$-Hole of the Week nominee: Not exactly sure what Knoll is doing here?
- First of all, this is the kind of stuff that makes Conservative talk radio go NUTS. Come on, just in general, is this how you act at a funeral? Cathy Baker Knoll, you are in the running for HammRadio.com's A$$-hole of the week!
- Pows of the Day
Nine Inch Nails "Head Like a Hole"
Afghan Whigs "Debonair"
The Alarm "Rain In the Summertime"
Veruca Salt "Number One Blind"
Husker Du "Don't want to talk about it"