What's Going On? --
Phillies Head to Shea For Three
9/14/2007 6:03 PM
Byline: Mike Cunningham
If there was ever a time for a three game sweep. This would be it. Of course, the Phillies swept the Mets the last time. So that can't happen again, right?
Just 1.5 games back, Phillies Head to Shea For Three
It wasn't that long ago, I was blogging right here, re-watching the Phillies complete an improbable four game sweep of the New York Mets. They then proceed to lay egg against Florida and Atlanta, losing 4 games out of 6. And all hope was lost. They have only won 4 out of the last 7 games. And they are still just 1.5 games back (2 games in the loss column) to the Padres.
|Standings as of 9/14/2007|
But now they have to face the Mets, who will be looking to get revenge on the 4 game sweep and steal attention away from the Red Sox-Yankees series. Meanwhile the Padres get the bottom feeding Giants. The Dodgers will have tough series with the Diamondbacks and the Rockies will get the fledgling Marlins, who would probably love to play Phillies spoiler by losing 3 straight to the Rockies.
There is absolutely no reason to feel good about any of this. Especially, since the Eagles play on Monday night. There is only one thing to focus on. And that's the Phillies-Mets. At Shea! Will the Redemption of the Baseball Town continue? Or am I being Obtuse?
Follow the action with the Commenters on the best Phillies blog, Beerleaguer. [Game Chat?] You might even see an appearance from me in there. For now, I'm going to get some Vietnamese food at Le Saigon.
- Proof of Concept # 134 (32kbps)
- -- 13mb -- 64 min -- Phillies, Cramps, Dreams, Race
- Proof of Concept # 133 (32kbps)
- -- 16mb -- 68 min -- Phillies, PETA, Summer Tivo, Jumbo Squid
- Proof of Concept # 132 (32kbps)
- -- 17mb -- 70 min -- Wild and the Wacky, Alec Baldwin Father of the Year
- Proof of Concept # 131 (32kbps)
- -- 16mb -- 65 min -- Phillies Opening Day
- Proof of Concept # 130 (32kbps)
- -- 20mb -- 81 min -- NSFW: Steak and BJ day, Rant From the Road, Worst Cover Songs
- Proof of Concept # 129 (32kbps)
- -- 17mb -- 73 min -- Al Gore, UPS Rant, Lassie
- Proof of Concept # 128 (32kbps)
- -- 19mb -- 80 min -- Lent, WDRE Tribute, James Brown and Anna Nicole Burial Plans
- Proof of Concept # 126 (32kbps)
- -- 23mb -- 96 min -- Christmas Eve Holiday Special featuring Festivus, George Bailey and a sick Santa.
267-828-0112. Leave message after second beep.
ProofOfConcept at hammradio.com
Just Click The Arrow and Play! (NOTE: will play the MOST recent Podcast!)
Wanna Chat about anything you read here? To start chatting click here!.
-- Mike Cunningham, HammRadio.com