What's Going On? --
Rizzuto dies, God Says, Holy Cow!!!
8/16/2007 3:46 PM
Byline: Mike Cunningham
After Merv Griffin passed the other day, we didn't think we'd have another Seinfeld related death so soon? But then Phil Rizzuto passes, and he was more than a Yankee Icon. He was a Pop Culture Icon too!
Phil Rizzuto, Yankee Icon, Joke on Seinfeld
After Merv Griffin passed the other day, we didn't think we'd have another Seinfeld related death so soon? But then Phil Rizzuto passes, and he was more than a Yankee Icon. He was also used as a punch line in a very famous Seinfeld Episode from Season 8 [Order Season 8 NOW on DVD], called "the pothole." How can you forget the Holy Cow keychain stuck in asphalt, Elaine becoming a janitor for chinese food and Jerry's OCD coming to a head with guest star Kristin Davis. It's a Classic.
That's the legacy Phil Rizzuto has on American Pop Culture. More than just his Money Store ads. More than a Hall of Fame Shortstop. More than a Yankee Broadcaster who is able to promote an upcoming boys short shorts give away without looking like a total pedophile. Okay maybe not.
- Proof of Concept # 134 (32kbps)
- -- 13mb -- 64 min -- Phillies, Cramps, Dreams, Race
- Proof of Concept # 133 (32kbps)
- -- 16mb -- 68 min -- Phillies, PETA, Summer Tivo, Jumbo Squid
- Proof of Concept # 132 (32kbps)
- -- 17mb -- 70 min -- Wild and the Wacky, Alec Baldwin Father of the Year
- Proof of Concept # 131 (32kbps)
- -- 16mb -- 65 min -- Phillies Opening Day
- Proof of Concept # 130 (32kbps)
- -- 20mb -- 81 min -- NSFW: Steak and BJ day, Rant From the Road, Worst Cover Songs
- Proof of Concept # 129 (32kbps)
- -- 17mb -- 73 min -- Al Gore, UPS Rant, Lassie
- Proof of Concept # 128 (32kbps)
- -- 19mb -- 80 min -- Lent, WDRE Tribute, James Brown and Anna Nicole Burial Plans
- Proof of Concept # 126 (32kbps)
- -- 23mb -- 96 min -- Christmas Eve Holiday Special featuring Festivus, George Bailey and a sick Santa.
267-828-0112. Leave message after second beep.
ProofOfConcept at hammradio.com
Just Click The Arrow and Play! (NOTE: will play the MOST recent Podcast!)
Wanna Chat about anything you read here? To start chatting click here!.
-- Mike Cunningham, HammRadio.com