9 Thoughts From the Ball Park: Phils lose to Rockies 8 to 2.
9/12/2007 1:37 AM
Byline: Mike Cunningham
The Phillies fall 2.5 games back of the Padres with an awful showing at the ball park. But I did get to sit in the bleachers when and saw the bell up close.
Let's see if I can get 9 thoughts out of this! [Box Score]
- I decided to score the game in PEN! Only made two mistakes. If there was any game that needed documenting it was this one.
- I like scoring games because it allows you to keep track of things like pitcher's strikeouts. Which god forbid the Phillies put on a scoreboard somewhere!
- Adam Eaton didn't really pitch as BAD as he has in the past. Seriously. He really didn't I know he gave up the 3 homers, but really it wasn't that bad. If the Phillies offense wasn't missing it wouldn't have looked so bad.
- My buddy Larry was at the game and he and I are playing each other in the Fantasy Playoffs. I have Matt Holliday. He has Todd Helton. Holliday went 2 for 4 with 2 HR, 3RBI and 3R. Helton 3 for 4 with 1 RBI and 2R. Score 1 for Cunny.
- I missed Quizzo for this game. My Buddy Wayne texted me at 9pm after the Rockies scored 4 runs in the sixth and told me to give up on the game and come to Deuce. I should have listened.
- Another friend of mine (Rini) was at the game and in the Rooftop Bleachers. So I went to visit her. She had a throwback road Schmidt jersey. I don't have one of those. If anyone wants to purchase one. You can look here at Amazon.com . Or buy one from FogDog. BUY ME ONE NOW!
- I picked up my "Free" Phillies Media Guide for the year. Finally, with 2 days to spare. You can buy your own Phillies Media Guide though here:
- Sitting in the Roof Top Bleachers is a weird feeling. Especially when Jimmy Rollins hits a home run and you get a weird shot of the bell.
- Did I leave the game after this? Well, not too long after this. After Matt Holliday hit his second homer. I hate leaving games early.