HammRadio Today: 09/14/2005
9/15/2005 6:30 AM
Byline: Mike Cunningham
The Phillies look to take on the Braves tonight. Are they a team of destiny? And if so.... What is that Destiny?
Huge Game Tonight for Phillies
Phillies face the Braves tonight, just one game behidn the Florida Marlins who have 2 more games with Houston before hosting the Phillies this weekend, which could very well shape the entire Wild Card Race. With a win tonight, the Phillies could put them in a position to tie for the Wild Card lead if Houston were to win against Florida. Regardless, and I sound like a broken record, the next five games are CRITICAL to the Phils playoof chances.Bill Conlin thinks it will go down to the final series against the Nationals to decide the darn thing. Major League Baseball already gave the Phillies a boost by awarding them Home Field Advantage if there is a tie. Is that destiny?
"It's one thing if you get booed for making a bad play or having a bad at-bat. Players expect that. But when you're playing in Philly, you know it's kind of part of the game, even if it's only a few fans who kind of treat baseball like it's football. They don't understand that if you get three hits in every 10 at-bats, you're still having a good season." Mike Lieberthal on the Phans.
- Sports Guy | Mini Mailbag
- These are his readers. My readers? Um... well I rarely get e-mails so well I got that going for me.
- Saab Bumper story
- This thing ended with a flameout... but it was interesting nonetheless. I mean hey, there was a crease in his bumper and it bothered him.
- Lynn Swann for Governor?
- If Lynn Swann can be elected governor, you gotta figure Freddie Mitchell can become a commiteeman right?
- Rall | Charities for Suckers
- You gotta love Ted Rall, man, does he love to be controversial. Charities are for suckers? Basically, Rall is very liberal, so he believes in moments of disaster, the government bears the burden. Perhaps he's right.
- Pledge Unconstitutional
- Look, it is fairly simple. The government is not supposed to impose religion on the will of the people. There isn't supposed to be a government sponsored church. The government should be secular in nature. The men and women who write laws can be god-fearing all they want. But you can't put your god in the mouths of children in public school. You want your child to say "under god" in school. Send them to a private christian school. I went to Catholic School. We said Under God, because we believe in God. But you can't legislate it.
- Pows of the Day:
Bob Mould "Circles" Woxy.Com
Pearl Jam "Not For You" Woxy.com Vintage
The Posies "Golden Blunders" Woxy.com Vintage
Matthew Sweet "Into Your Drug" Woxy.com Vintage
New Order "Regret" "Into Your Drug" Woxy.com Vintage
Veruca Salt "The MOrning Sad"Into Your Drug" Woxy.com Vintage
" The Cranberries "Salvation" Woxy.com Vintage
" The Twilight Singers "Follow Your Down" Rescue Me on FX