HammRadio Today: 07/12/2006 --
FCC To Go After 700 Level Crowd??
7/12/2006 3:05 AM
Byline: Mike Cunningham
Wonder what I think about the Phillies at the Mid-season break? Or if George HW Bush was a Nazi? Or weather the FCC is coming after fans in the stands??
Picture it... It's Madison Square Garden... Sixers versus Knicks in the Battle for the most Lottery Balls. Games Tied. Fourth Quarter. The Sixers Kenyon Martin goes up for a dunk and is stuffed by the Knicks Yao Ming. Whistle Blows. Yao is called for his 6th and final foul. The chants start slowly from the rafters... a$$-hole... a$$-hole... They get louder.... a$$-hole... a$$-hoLE.... And LOUDER... A$$-HOLE... A$$-HOLE... until the entire arena is shouting at the top of their longs as Martin misses both free shots and the game heads into over time.
What does ABC do? Do they start bleeping the crowd noise??? What happens if the crowd noise starts filtering through the open microphones? What then???
The FCC is already looking into fining the actual offender themselves in the case of a Shock Jock. So it is reasonable to assume, that they might go after each and every individual in an arena who shouts a$$-hole.
I suppose it's a matter of time that they come after Podcasts... and internet streaming... and bars too. Can't say shit in a bar, either.
We're all screwed because of Janet Jackson's mother f'ing TIT. Yeah, I'm cursing. sorta. Do you have a problem with it??? The FCC wants to eliminate OVER the air broadcasting. And soon they will be coming after the satellite and cable operators. And silly little Podcasts...
- Sony is at it again
- The Used Car Analogy for used Video Games??? I love it. The After Market actually helps the NEW Market!!!!
- Sports Guy Chat
- I'm sure there is stuff on the NBA, where AI will end up and RED SOX, RED SOX, RED SOX
- Bush Backs the Geneva Convention
- Yeah... we were following the Geneva all along... And my wife... Laura Bu... Lyndee Eng... Morgan Fairchild... yeah that's the ticket. I'm so glad that it's okay to follow the Geneva Convention... you know after 4 years of torture.
- Kevin Smith on His Superman Script
- I'm kinda glad the Kevin Smith Superman didn't work out. Well, I'm at least glad Jon Peters wasn't involved. What the heck is up with that dude!?! If you want to read Kevin Smith's version of the script, you can do so here.
- JFK Conspiracy film links the assassination to Bush Sr, Nixon, the CIA and monkeys in space.
- Okay, not monkeys in space, but he does mention that Prescott Bush was a Nazi. And I think I kind of believe that. (At least that he did business with the Nazis). But the part where George W. Bush disappeared for 3 days while running for president so he could murder JFK JR. That one... I don't buy.
- BOY was I so WRONG about this...
- The prediction that the Phillies would win 93 games, seems kind of silly now. With 75 games, left the Phillies would have to play .707 ball for the rest of the season... That's 53 and 22 for me to win my bet with my Buddy Wayne. The best team in baseball right now, the Detroit Tigers... are 59 and 29 with a .670 winning percentage. And they are the BEST team in baseball. Fortunately I do have an out. The magic number is 88 games. If the Phillies can win at least 88... I can cause a push. Of course the Fightin Phils would need to 48 and 27 (.640) the rest of the way. I don't feel so hot about that either.
- HammRadio.com's suggested On-Line listening Stations
- Pows of the Day:
Better Than Ezra "In the Blood" iPod
Weezer "Good Life" KEXP -- Seattle