HammRadio Today: 06/10/2005
6/10/2005 6:14 PM
Byline: Mike Cunningham
Well, the Phillies get Urbina and he gives up 4 runs. Man, I bet you the folks at the Cit were loving that. At least he gets the boos out of the way. And I still have to wait for the UPS guy.
HammLinks: Around The Web Today
Isn't it about time that we figure out a better way to deliver packages? Any delivery to my house requires all sorts of special circumstances. Occasionally, I will send packages to work. But is that really fare for the folks at my place of business to constantly sign for packages for me. Plus, then I have to interact with my co-workers. So what's in the box? And of course you don't want to tell them that this is a supply of Wrestling Action Figures!
So I have a bunch of stuff coming in via various shippers and I have to be home to sign for it... or let the UPS guy knock on my door 8 times... then leave a post card... so I then go and pick it up. Which is fine by me. But why do we have to go through this charade. There just has to be a better way.
- Sports Guy: Game 1 of NBA Finals it stunk
- You know. I'm not the biggest NBA fan. I will watch the Sixers for sure. But that's about it, I can't watch another team. And certainly you won't catch me watching this series. I remember as a kid, I never missed a championship in any sport. Nope, what did I do while this game was on? Watched the Phillies, Hit Me Baby One more time, and a CSI re-run.
- Another Drunken Brawler?
- "Though he isn't returning to his former job as a closer, Urbina is happy he's on a winning team. He'll pitch in a setup role for the Phillies, and will get a chance to save games when Billy Wagner needs a rest. Philadelphia is second in the NL East behind Washington." Even though Urbina might be a drunk. And his first appearance here sucked. It was nice to see that the Phillies made a good move. And in addition, here's a guy who's happy to be on a WINNER! What a difference 2 weeks can make in the NL East!
- Preview/Pre-Order new Posies
- Yes, the Posies are returning with a new album. The folks that brought you Frosting on the Beater will hit with their new disc at the end of the month. Can't wait to get it.
- A$$-Hole of the week Nominee: Tom Delay
- Another week, Tom DeLay makes it aboard the nominations for A$$-Hole of the week. Although, it's a quote from the Spokesman... Tom Delay gets the nod this week.
- Dean making the media nuts. I love it.
- Why do I get the feeling that Dean is taking all the heat so that some underdog challenger can come out of the pack for 2008. But we also, have an A$$-hole of the week nominee here, with Brian Wilson of FoxNews asking Dean if he hates White Christians.