HammRadio Today: 3/10/2008 --
When Primaries Didn't Matter
3/10/2008 9:17 PM
Byline: Mike Cunningham
My Buddy Wayne likes to bug me about elections. His greatest work was during the 2000 Election. There was nothing more annoying than hearing vote counts every 30 minutes from Florida. This year is no different.
My Buddy Wayne likes to bug me about elections. No matter which one. His greatest work was during the 2000 Election and the ensuing Hanging Chad crisis. There was nothing more annoying than hearing vote counts every 30 minutes from Florida.
This year, he is a supreme Obama supporter. I'm not entirely sure why. But mostly, it's because he's Anti-Hillary. I'm not anti-hillary. I don't think she's very likable. And she seems to be a poor campaigner, especially in comparison to her husband. And certainly in comparison to Obama. But the ability to campaign, shouldn't move me one way or the other right? Wrong. It's important in the primary season, not necessarily to pick the guy or gal you want in office, but also to pick the candidate BEST suited to victory in November. Electibility.
So who's more electible? It's gotta be Obama right? I mean the results are there. And the national polling suggests that he dominates with the Independent swing voters. And the anti-Obama "Hussein" propoganda routine should disipate by the time the Convention is over. Wayne asked me, if the reason why I wasn't an Obama fan, was because I believed those rumors and thought Barry was a "Manchurian Candidate"? I told him, "You know who the real 'Manchurian Candidate' is? John McCain. How do we know he wasn't brainwashed while in capitivity by communists. We can at least prove that! And I'm pretty sure McCain's mother used to solve crimes based on her novels."
You know there was a time when Primaries didnt' seem to matter. The JFK interview from Meet the Press indicated that primaries were a choice. And that it was the conventions that made the difference. It prevented the "Favored Son" status, that seemed to muck up the works. BUT... Made for great television. We might need that again. I'm thinking this convention is going to do that. Why not??? A nice battle for the Clinton-Obama nomination. A groundswell of votes for VP. It would be historic!!!
Clinton-Obama Ticket, Wait a Minute, Not So Fast
Hey wait a minute, I might not want to be VP And don't forget, if you are a white president with a black VEEP. Please see Chris Rock's routine. Okay, I couldn't find that routine. But you know what I'm talking about. Obama thinks it might be a little presumptuous for the 2nd place candidate to suggest that the 1st place candidate take the backset. Certainly, that might be true. But it's always about hedging bets. People know, Obama is not bringing Clinton to the White House. But... if you can guarantee by voting for Hillary Clinton, you can bring Bill Clinton AND Obama. Well hot diggity dog.... you might have something to get excited about. Personally, who's going to be excited about Horation Sanz coming back to Saturday Night Live full time. (Which is what you would need to do if Bill Richardson gets the gig.)
Clinton And Rendell perfect together? Rendell is stumping hard for Mrs. Clinton. And that may help her in Philly. Nutter's on her side too. Although, if somehow Obama shows up in PA in a Franco Harris jersey, it's going to be curtains for her.
Obama charges for campaign posters! But don't worry I've solved the problem. You could always make your own that make Obama look like a Futuristic Fascist leader. Seriously, how different is that picture, than this one.
The other poster that's going around is a little creepier. You know if you make his face read, white and blue, people won't know he's black! But seriously, doesn't that seem creepy to you. I mean, I don't know if I want to vote for anyone who's campaign posters are Andy Warhol prints. I mean it, stop it with the Andy Warhol already. It's creeping me out.
HammLinks: Around The Web Today
- Co2 levels must stop
- People are being asked to hold their breath for 2 minutes before eating every meal. Muslims are asked to hold their breath for 5 minutes during prayers. Vegans are asked to hold their breath for 20 minutes.
- Amy Walker is from Australia, I mean Brooklyn, I mean Seattle Washington
- And I'll be honest. She's kinda hot too. Don't believe me?. Check out Amy's website. Where you might think she's preparing for roles as a the Damsel in Distress in a 1930s horror film, or as a female martyr in the first century?
- Bill O'Reilly and the Nazi Party
- The idea (Godwin Theory), once you compare someone to the Nazi's you lose the argument. I'll tell you this. However, I will refute this theory: Bill O'Reilly is like Goebbels, the Nazi Propoganda minister. Cunny Wins!!!
- Russians DISCOVER ocean floor.
- It's one small step for Sea Urchins. One Giant Leap for Coral.
- 2 HOUR 24 prequel in the fall???
- This could hold me over. However, if they can cram a season worth of action into 2 hours, why should I pay 39.99 for a full season?
- Governor Spitzer Involved in Prostitution Ring
- What is WRONG with these guys? Don't they know these high class prostitutes keep records??? You are much better getting a hooker off the corner and then dumping her body in the East River, what, did I say that out loud? According to HammRadio sources, when calling the Governor's office, we received this statement: "pu$$y man... pu$$y will make you do strange things... " Agreed.
- Casino: Traffic Studies in South Philly
- There is NO way, that anyone has done a proper study down around the Columbus/Reed area. There is no way. Try getting from the 676 Off Ramp to the SuperFresh on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. And forget about it during Eagles/Phillies games.
- I received this email Hoax for the 114th time
- Here this guy explains to human beings why this hoax is a hoax. And why you might be stupid for sending it. Sorry, Mom. Just kidding, she didn't send it.
- Sometimes Conlin whets your appetite for the future
- I can't wait for one of these guys to be upset by their first six figure salary increase!
- NFL Films laying off people.
- This is NOT good for the NFL or America.
- How to figure the A10?
- Fight On Explorers!
- HammRadio.com's suggested On-Line listening Stations
- Pows of the Day:
XTC "Dear God" Indie 103.1
Pixies "Gigantic" Indie 103.1
Nada Surf "Whose Authority" Indie 103.1
Pearl Jam "Rearview Mirror" Indie 103.1
MGMT "Time To Pretend" Indie 103.1
The Airborne Toxic Event "Sometime Around Midnight" Indie 103.1
*** POW OF THE DAY ***
My Daily Spot
I keep forgetting to put this new feature on the site as a blogroll somewhere. But I wanted to give you a peek into some of the links I check out daily/regulary. I call it "My Daily Spot".
My Daily Spot
- Hot Deals Club - frequently updated with the be...
- KYW Newsradio 1060
- MSNBC Cover
- mbuzzy.com -
- My Way
- My iWon
- Philadelphia Traffic Reports
- Phillies 2006 Schedule
- Philly Future - Philadelphia Blogs
- Sports Guy
- The 9 for Tuesday July 18th
- The Onion | America's Finest News Source
- USATODAY.com - Pop Candy
- W3Schools Online Web Tutorials
- Windows Live
- Woot : One Day, One Deal
- Blog listing from Salon.com
- Hot Chicks with Douchebags
- Pogue's Posts - Technology - New York Times Blog
- The Superficial - Because You're Ugly
- MSNBC -- Clicked
- Hot Deals Club - frequently updated with the be...
- craigslist: philadelphia online community
- Lycos Your Personal Internet Guide
- My Yahoo!